We have all been there. Feeling down in the dumps, struggling with a work/life balance. Worrying about what the future holds. Scared of change. Although this year I didn’t set myself any new years resolutions I did promise to try and make myself be “better” by changing my mind set (well attempting to anyway). Here are my top tips to begin your journey of finding the best you!
- CELEBRATE THE SMALL WINS – Managed to get both kids bathed and in bed by 7pm? GO YOU!. Walked for an extra minute on the treadmill? FABULOUS. Appreciating small wins every day gives us motivation to strive towards our goals.
- BE WHO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE AND NOT WHO YOU THINK PEOPLE WANT YOU TO BE – We have all been there, on the school run hair a mess, no makeup on and leftover children’s breakfast on your creased clothes. Don’t try and live up to what people think you should be. Embrace yourself!. Yeah ok you might look like you have been dragged through a hedge backwards BUT, you got your kid to school on time. You both managed to have a rare lie in and wake up super happy because of the extra ZZzzzz’s.
- EMBRACE FAILURE – I actually think this is super important. There is something about being pushed to the limit that makes you want to fight even harder. Trust me I have been there, on countless occasions. It really is true what they say when you hit rock bottom the only way is up. Losing that job you didn’t really want could be the best think that ever happened to you.
- BABY STEPS – Set yourself smaller achievable goals, you are much more likely to succeed.
- MAKE ‘YOU’ TIME A THING – Get a hobby, write a novel, join the gym, learn to knit, ride a horse. Schedule sometime each week (or each day if you can) for some time just for yourself without kids swinging around your neck demanding attention. It gives you time to reflect and think!
I hope this has given you some food for thought! Self improvement is just part of life, but if you are not actively trying to self improve you are missing opportunities to be winners.
Love you all!