Hello you wonderful people! I hope you have all been keeping well! Iv missed you!
I’m home now and sad, Florida really is the best place in the world and it literally makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Iv got about 1000 pictures to sift through so whilst I’m in the process of editing them and picking out the nice ones I thought I’d do a quick post on how to make your Disney trip run much smoother.
- Dont even think about doing Florida without a hire car. It really limits your experiences, even with the free shuttles it still doesn’t let you really experience Orlando for what it is. Doing shows outside of Disney and shopping ect.
- Book fast passes – I cannot stress the importance of this enough. If your spending alot of time in the parks fast passes are a MUST. They allow you to book your rides for certain times and skip the queues up to 30 days before. I know not everyone likes to be rigid with their plans but if you want to get the most out of the parks you need this. We booked a fast pass for the new Avatar ride and waited an hour compared to the FOUR HOURS, yes FOUR hours we waited the next time without one.
- Save money – We didn’t worry about money whilst we were away and ate very well in alot of nice restaurants which again were pre booked. However for a family of three eating in parks every day can cost up to 200 Dollars. One way to save is to take your own food! On one of our last days we decided instead of eating in the parks we would take sandwiches. We headed off to Walmart got loads of water, juice, sandwiches and fruit and spent about 30 dollars. This was literally half of the average amount we were spending on one meal. Bottles of water in the park were 3 dollars each and we bough a 24 pack for 2.48. There really are ways to save if you are savvy about it!
- Strollers – If youre going with kids, take your own pushchair and if your kids under seven and doesn’t have one then buy a cheap one when you get there. We hired a stroller from the park every day for 15 dollars. We weren’t too fussed about the cost but at the end of the holiday we saw a pushchair in Walmart for 20 dollars that we could have just bought and left there which would have saved mega cash
- Last but not least is to save some suitcase space and pack light. Why? Because them premium outlets are just something else. We learnt the hard way last time when we had to buy another suitcase to bring everything home. Also, you don’t need to pack loads and loads of stuff, our hotel had a laundrette so we washed everything and rewore then washed again and packed for home so there was no washing to come home too. Result.
I’ll leave you with some piccies of our holiday! I hope this was useful and I’ll speak to you all soon XoXo